The first step is to join a gay dating singles sites. There are two great free ones if you don’t want to spend any money. Once you become a member of one or two gay dating sites it’s time to create your profile.
First off you have to think of you are gay personal ad as a business. The reason I say that is you are in competition with the dozens or hundreds or perhaps even thousands of other gay personal ads in your local area. Making yourself appealing on your own profile is both important and challenging. You want to make sure you attract the guys you are interested in but at the same time you want to make sure you repel the ones you won’t be interested in.
So many singles profiles say something very generic like ‘single gay guy looking for another gay guy’. Yea, that will work, it will get you tall dark-haired gay single men, it will get gay dating apps free gay dating apps free you short bald single guys, and everything in between. Hopefully you are a little more selective than that.
- Know what you want – The first and most important tip is to know exactly what you’re looking for. Imagine there is a magical gay genie standing before you and he will grant your relationship wish. You have to describe to him exactly who it is you are looking for. The more specific you can get the better. If you’re having difficulty with this then think of what you definitely do not want.
- Memorable screen name – this is pretty much the first thing another gay single at a dating site will see about you is your screen name. Make your screen name a combination of three or so words that you think would best describe you in three words. I know that may seem very difficult but do your best. Also to make your screen name easier to read and to make it stand out more make the first letter of each of those three words capitalized. So for example BodyBuildingHunk or HikingOutdoorGuy
- Profile Pictures – One big mistake that many single gay guys make when uploading pictures to their profile is uploading nude or semi nude pictures of themselves. Is this really the first impression you want to make? Unless you’re just looking for a one night hookup this gets guys interested in you for the wrong reasons. You’re not going to find Mr. right with this kind of picture on your profile. The best pictures show your face clearly engaging in an activity that you are passionate about. If you’re into hiking and have a good picture of you scaling the face of the mountain. When it comes to personal ads your screen name the next thing they see is your picture. When it comes to your dating profile of picture is worth a million words.
- Profile Headline – this is another one of the first things other gay single man will see. Many times people will just scan a headline and decide to move on or read your profile based upon that. Think of your headline as an extension of your screen name except instead having to describe who you are in three words you now get about 10 to 15 words to do it. Try to use a headline that will create strong curiosity and compel the reader to click on your ad to read more about you.
- Ad Text – if you’ve gotten somebody this far where they are actually reading your ads text you have done well so far. A big mistake many people make here is they describe physical attributes about themselves that are already listed in the profile details section, things like height, weight, eye color, hair color. Don’t waste your text ad on this. Use your text ad to tell a story. That story should reveal who you are as a person, what is important to you, and delve more into your hobbies and interests. If you’re having a little difficulty with this section a good idea is to look at other gay men’s profiles and take note when one catches your attention. Figure out why that personal ad caught your attention and use that formula in your own gay dating profile.